Monday, May 3, 2010

HW 53

Taking the survey was time consuming because of all the questions but it made me think about my life and the relationships I have. Some of the questions I hadn't really thought about but taking the survey forced me to think about them. I was glad that the survey was anonymous otherwise I don't think I would have been comfortable taking it. I also tried to answer each question as honest as possible even though it was anonymous. I did find that for some questions I couldn't give a straight yes or no answer, like I'd answer neutral and that made me question why?

I mostly found the answers to the questions about drug and alcohol use to be surprising because I was expecting a much higher percentage of people to admit that they have. I felt people weren't necessarily being honest while taking the survey and the results showed that. I also found the answers to the questions about family and friends to be interesting. For example, " You do stupid things/or things you don't particularly enjoy to fit in with your peers" I expected a much higher percentage of people to agree with that statement. I feel like people especially teens get peer pressured into doing things they might later regret in order to be accepted by their peers. Everyone want to be liked and fit in with the circle of friends they are trying to be apart of. The results to some of the questions about family were different from the way I answered them. Which made me realize that all families are different and have different beliefs. Not everyone is the same.

Overall I think Michelle said it best " maybe we don't know other people and maybe we don't know ourselves" in regards to the survey. We don't realize how much we really don't know people. The results show that because none of us really expected to see the results we did. They were either the same or different from what we predicted they would be in class.

Comparing our survey results to other survey results I noticed that for some of the questions the percentages were off. Based on the results from our survey I believe that a lot of people lied while taking it which contributed to the percentage gaps between the surveys.I don't think that our surveys results are that reliable due to many different factors like not everyone took the survey,etc. Though the surveys do bring up some interesting points about relationships and life than would be worth exploring more.

No comments:

Post a Comment