Tuesday, October 20, 2009

HW 13

I think that Freed is a piece of revelatory art because the author gets his message out about how teenagers are so consumed by digital media. His allegory is a form of art imitating life. His book would be considered a form of art because he created it. It's his form of a painting because he's getting his ideas/thoughts/feelings out on paper. The author of Feed chooses to reveal his message about the addiction to digital people have. How people constantly use and can't live without it.

I think that Feed is a relevant piece of art because it talks about what is going on in our culture today . How digital technology has become apart of our culture. People can't get enough of their "feeds". It's become a way of life for many. It's almost like we live in two different worlds - actual world and then the digital world. The author expresses his ideas on this topic of digital takeover through his writing. How he allows the characters in the book to realize that maybe being so digital isn't the best way to live.

I think that the author wrote Feed to get people thinking. I think it was written as as a book because it told a story of these characters lives, which is very similar in certain ways to the way we live our lives.This makes me think about how I would choose to expresses my own thoughts on a related topic. What will I create to get people thinking? like Feed has done for us. I would want people to take away something meaningful from my art work.

No comments:

Post a Comment