Saturday, November 14, 2009

HW 21




I think that my piece of art would be considered a mirror because it will allow one to reflect on how digital technology is affecting them. I titled the piece "Milk Our Brains" because I believe that we allow ourselves to become addicted to digital technology which in return is making us less intelligent individuals. We spend so much time watching TV, listening to our ipods or web browsing when we could be doing other things. Like playing a sport, reading or actually having a face-to-face conversation with someone. But instead we let it take over our lives. We let it milk our minds a bit every day. I drew a robot like figure because it seems like every time we use these digital devices like an ipod , the TV or the computer we become disembodied and so engrossed in what we are doing. These devices can be used as escape from reality. Every time we use digital technology our brains get milked. Which some believe is making us more stupid compared to other generations.

I think that my art inspires me to think about how much time I spend using digital technology and how it benefits or doesn't benefit me? " Milk Our Brains" makes me feel like I should seriously think about cutting down on the time I spend each day in front of my computer screen. We all should. Before are brains become completely empty.

I wasn't too excited about doing an art project because I'm not a very great artist... but the process of creating the piece was interesting.Developing my idea for the piece was a bit challenging because I didn't know what I was going to do. But once I got the idea it was just a matter of getting the idea to reflect the message through the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment